Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Derek Hess Robbed

Update: There's now a $1000 reward...

A few days ago someone or some people went into my gallery and stole the original art for the three Captain America covers I did for Marvel Comics. If anyone can hook us up with information on this, you know we'll take care of you. The Cleveland Police First District Detective Bureau are on the case as well as my own crew. Whoever has these would be wise to get them back to us asap, it's only a matter of time till the hammer drops on your thieving ass's. There will be a grace period of no prosecution If you come forward and bring them back now. This crime is concidered breaking and entering and grand theft, both of which are felonies, which translates to prison ...... not jail...... there's a difference.
If you have any info, contact (216) 281-4868 or info@derekhess.com

On a personal note -- Derek did a poster for the benefit show we did for Clay (and his medical bills) back in '97. I don't have the original (I think his Mom has it) but I do have the mock-up copy that ran in Scene. I'll see if I can find it and scan it... On the bill that night were our friends -- Dink, Gem, Witch Hazel and Fuzzhead at the old Peabody's.

I've never had the chance to meet Derek personally and thank him, so let me take the opportunity to do so now -- thank you Derek, that was a mighty cool thing you did...

Now Playing: Black Flag "My War"

No comments: